LONG-TERM OBJECTIVES OF THE LIGHTNING INSTITUTE:
- Promote goodwill. To promote international goodwill and close relationships between the United States and other countries through the activities, training and other programs of the Lightning International Basketball Institute (“Lightning Institute”).
- Build international harmony through the Lightning Institute and the Los Angeles Lightning Team. Create harmony between the United States and other countries through international tours by the Los Angeles Lightning basketball Team (“Lightning Team”).
- Build interest in basketball. Build a greater interest in the game of basketball in other countries by promoting games in US and foreign countries with the Los Angeles Lightning, featuring former National Basketball Association players. The Lightning Team will be the premier marketing tool of the Lightning Institute.
- Basketball training. Provide training at the Lightning Institute for promising athletes in basketball skills, including shooting techniques, footwork and a fundamental understanding of the game, with the objective of playing professional basketball in the US and other countries.
- Teach important life skills and values. Educate and instill the participants with core life skills and values, including positive attitude, honor, integrity, cooperation, team building, honesty, overcoming adversity regardless of the circumstances, goal-setting, introspection, and work ethic, through the medium of basketball.
- International recognition. Build international recognition for the greater Los Angeles area, through the programs, activities and media platforms of the Lightning Institute.